Status: Not Yet Recruiting
This is a minimal risk case-controlled single arm intervention study, including 10 patients with a prior history of takotsubo and 10-age and sex matched healthy controls. Subjects will undergo in laboratory testing to measure autonomic function. They will then undergo a 15-week program of device-guided breathing with remote measures of autonomic function obtained at home. Analysis will determine the reproducibility of home autonomic measures and provide preliminary data to determine the efficacy of device-guided breathing on autonomic measures and quality of life in patients with takotsubo.
About this Study
Open label single group assignment
24 participants estimated to be completed December 2021
- Ages Eligible for Study: 21 Years to 80 Years (Adult, Older Adult)
- Sexes Eligible for Study: All
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No
- Confirmed history of takotsubo syndrome
- Healthy person with no significant past history of cardiovascular or neurological disease such as heart failure or heart attack; people with cardiovascular risk factors such as hypertension will be permitted to participate
- Pacemaker or defibrillator implanted
- Evidence of autonomic neuropathy, alcohol or drug abuse or exposure to neurotoxins (chemotherapy).
How to participate
In order to participate in a study, you must personally contact the study coordinator of any of the participating institutions by phone or by e-mail. Please use the information below to inquire about participation