2018 Conference Details
The 2018 Conference on Clinical Research for Rare Diseases (CCRRD) will take place on October 4th, 2018.
Attendees must register for the meeting. There is a meeting registration fee of $100 which includes meeting materials, breakfast, lunch, snacks, and refreshment.
There is a discounted rate for NIH staff.
Registration Deadline: September 28th, 2018
RDCRN CCRRD 2018 Flyer
The 2018 Conference on Clinical Research for Rare Diseases (CCRRD) will take place at the Hilton Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. A discounted room rate is available September 11, 2018.
You will be responsible for making your own hotel and travel arrangements for the meeting.
Hotel Booking Link
Group Name: CCRRD Meeting
Group Code: OCC
Hilton Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center,
1750 Rockville Pike,
Rockville, MD 20852
Please visit the Hotel website for directions to the hotel from area airports (DCA, IAD, BWI), public transportation, and parking information.
Candidates must register for the meeting and submit an abstract and current NIH Biosketch before they can be considered for a travel award. Travel awards up to $850 are available on a competitive basis for trainees, fellows, and junior faculty. All requests for travel awards are judged by a committee from the Rare Diseases Clinical Research Network. Travel Award recipients will be notified by September 21, 2018.
Abstract and Poster Session:
Conference attendees are encouraged to submit an abstract which are then reviewed by the planning committee. The abstracts selected by the planning committee will be invited to be displayed as a poster during the conference. Four trainees with the highest ranked abstracts will be invited to present their work orally during the meeting.
Investigators working on rare diseases provided feedback and advice during the poster session.
Abstract Submission and Poster Requirements:
Only registered attendees can submit abstracts. An abstract must be submitted to be eligible for a travel award.
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 31, 2018
Abstract Submission Instructions:
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT FORMATTING
If you have questions regarding your abstract, contact us by email at email@example.com
- Abstracts for the meeting are to be uploaded electronically as a MS Word document.
- Name abstract document file as follows: lastname-firstname.doc;
- Use 10 point 'Times New Roman' font.
- Underline submitting author's name.
- Begin abstract with title in bold. Do not indent.
- List authors, underlining name of submitting author.
- List institutions.
- Body of abstract using structured format as in example.
Four sections: “Objective”, “Methods”, “Results” and “Conclusions”.
Start each section on a new line, put section heading in bold, and indent 5 spaces.
- Abstracts are limited to 400 words, including title, authors, and institution.
- Abstract may include one small table or one small figure; a table or figure will count as 100 words towards the limit.
Please note that all abstracts will be posted on the RDCRN website after the meeting and may be included in a program and/or another publication. Submission to this meeting does not prevent you from submitting the abstract to other meetings.
The poster session will take place after lunch.
The poster specifications are as follows:
- The maximum allowable size of the poster is 36 inches high and 72 inches wide.
- Formal poster numbers will be provided in advance of the meeting and align with your submitted abstract.
- Push pins will be available.
- Posters may be hung the evening before October 3, 2018, or the morning of the meeting October 4, 2018.
- Posters must be removed after the meeting closes or will be discarded by staff.