The purpose of this study is to compare the efficacy of BHV-3241 versus placebo in subjects with Multiple System Atrophy.
About this Study
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel- Group Study
250 participants estimated to be completed 10/20/2021
- Ages Eligible for Study: 40 Years to 80 Years (Adult, Older Adult)
- Sexes Eligible for Study: All
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No
- Diagnosis of probable or possible MSA according to consensus clinical criteria (Gilman et al. 2008), including subjects with MSA of either subtype (MSA-P or MSA-C).
- Able to ambulate without the assistance of another person, defined as the ability to take at least 10 steps. Use of assistive devices (e.g., walker or cane) is allowed.
- Anticipated survival of at least 3 years at the time of Screening, as judged by the Investigator.
You are not eligible to participate if you have:
- Any condition that would interfere with the subject's ability to comply with study instructions, place the subject at unacceptable risk, and/or confound the interpretation of safety or efficacy data from the study, as judged by the Investigator.
- Diagnosis of neurological disorders, other than MSA.
How to participate
In order to participate in a study, you must personally contact the study coordinator of any of the participating institutions by phone or by e-mail. Please use the information below to inquire about participation
- Sites: 54 study locations, including:
Mayo Clinic Florida
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Mayo Clinic Rochester MN
NYU School of Medicine
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Contact: Elyse Stock, MD